My Herbed Rice. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Organic Herbs Sent Directly From UK Growers With No Waiting In Fulfilment Centres. Large Range Of Heritage Varieties & Modern Introductions Ideal For Organic Growers My Herbed Rice Lauren Claremore, Oklahoma. In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in butter until onion is tender.
To serve, add the herbs, season and toss together. I can't go through all the permutations for this herbed rice recipe, but you can imagine based on geo-location alone the amount of variations you can have. So for my variation I used fresh local seasonings and I opted for long grain rice even though I was tempted to use the basmati rice I had in the pantry. You can cook My Herbed Rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Herbed Rice
- It’s of white rice.
- It’s of water.
- You need of chicken soup base.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of dried parsley.
- Prepare of dried chopped onion.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of butter.
Anyhow, here then is my simple version of a classic rice. In a pan over medium heat melt butter and add in onion as well as salt and pepper. Add in garlic and cook for one minute more. Add in chicken broth and lemon juice and herb combination along with the rice.
My Herbed Rice instructions
- Measure out 2 cups. Rinse rice..
- In rice cooker add 3 cups water to rice..
- Add all the seasonings to your rice and water..
- Flip the switch to cook and be amazed! Add butter to rice at the end of the cooking process. 👍.
- I've added stove top instructions as well. To prepare mix as a side dish: Bring to a boil 2 cups water and 1 Tablespoon butter. Stir in 1 cup rice and seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until cooked. (Brown rice will take twice as long to cook.) Makes about 5 servings..
Herbed Rice has since then saved my life or a little bit of my demeanor at least. It does not take a lot of time and it looks like I made an extra effort for him too. In addition, it does taste really good and is a very happy change from the regular rice. Don't get me wrong, regular rice is great too, this is just greater. For herbed rice, you just have to cook your rice as regular.