Port-Braised Short Ribs. Discover Online A Vast Range Of Drinks Other Than Wine At Sunday Times Club Today. Find your favourite Socks, Tights and Leggings now! Pour in the port and return the ribs to the pot.
Straining the vegetables from the liquid makes a smooth rich, luxurious sauce. The braised short ribs will produce a lot of excess fat. A fat separator pitcher is a handy tool for any kitchen and well worth the money. You can have Port-Braised Short Ribs using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Port-Braised Short Ribs
- You need 26 of Beef Short Ribs.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s of AP Flour.
- You need of Salt/Black Pepper.
- You need 4 c of Mirepoix (3 yellow onions, 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks).
- It’s of Truffle infused EVOO.
- It’s 3 of Shallots, minced.
- You need 1 bottle of Port.
- You need 2 qt of Beef Stock.
- You need 2 c of Madeira wine.
- It’s 4 of Fresh Thyme, sprigs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/ Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Butter.
Add the bay leaves, tarragon, and chicken stock and return the short ribs to the pan together with any accumulated juices. Let the short ribs cool in their liquid. We set out to create a reliable recipe that produces tender ribs and flavorful-but not greasy-sauce. Add the port wine, fresh herbs, and tomato paste and stir well.
Port-Braised Short Ribs step by step
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Preheat a large dutch oven with vegetable oil, Enough to coat the pan. Toss the short ribs into the salt and black pepper mix. Shake off excess flour.
- Place short ribs into hot pan, fat sides first, and carmelize all sides. Remove from pan..
- Add the mirepoix, and drizzle in the truffle olive oil. Stir and brown. About 8 minutes..
- Add shallots. Cook 3 minutes..
- Deglaze pan with port, add beef stock, and add the short ribs. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add madeira, fresh thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and put it in an oven at 250°F for 4 hrs..
- Remove cover, and ladle 3 oz of the braise sauce into a sauce pan. Turn it to high, and reduce. 2 – 3 minutes. Swirl in 1 T of butter. Spoon over short ribs when plating..
Slowly add the ribs, making sure the sauce covers most of the ribs. Rinse ribs and pat dry; trim off and discard excess fat. These short ribs take on the rich, earthy flavor of porcini mushrooms, offset by the sweetness of a port wine braise. Add oil, and heat until it is almost smoking. Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper.