Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries. Thinly shaved meat, either lamb, chicken, or beef, is shaped into a cone and slowly roasted on a rotisserie. The meat is served wrapped in a pita or naan bread with a garlic yogurt sauce and other toppings like hummus, tahini, pickles, and even French fries. Chicken shawarma on crisp French Fries along with all the toppings possible giving this starter dish burst of flavors.
Finally drizzle yoghurt sauce all over. Close the wrap and toast with some butter till brown and crisp. If you have a panini press, then toast the tortilla rolls in it. You can have Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries
- It’s of Tortilla/Pita Bread:.
- You need of flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- You need of Warm water.
- It’s of Minced Fried Chicken Seasonings:.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper (optional).
- It’s of chicken breast.
- It’s of Other Fillings:.
- You need of French fries (you can see my previous recipe for homemade french fries).
- Prepare of tomato.
- Prepare of cucumbar.
- Prepare of lettuce or chinese cabbage or other green vegetables you like.
- You need of Tomato sauce (optional).
- Prepare of Mayonnaise (optional).
- It’s of NOTE!!!!! if you dont like or dont have chicken you can replace it with sausage or other meat or fish.
Divide chicken between pitas and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with fries and remaining chummus. I had a chicken shawarma bowl that I now am craving on the regular. The chicken was sooooo well seasoned and the toppings enhanced the dish to another level.
Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries instructions
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, vegetable oil and warm water. knead it into a ball. The dough has to be soft n not sticky..
- Cover with plastic wrap, put in a bowl and allow to double in size (leave dough for about 30 minutes).
- Once doubled in size remove from bowl n place on flat floured surface. Cut dough into 3 pieces..
- Then roll all dough into a flater shape with rolling pin as thin as possible.
- Fry it on frying pan (without oil). cook for about 2 minutes for both side. Pita bread is ready..
- For fillings, lets start from chicken. Fry chicken with garlic and also a pinch of salt til golden brown. then chop-chop fried chicken.
- Slice tomato n cucumbar into 6 slices.
- Put lettuce, cucumbar, tomato, chicken and also french fries with mayonnaise and tomato sauce on tortilla/pita bread. Then roll it..
- Tadaaaaa shawarma is ready to serve now. *Best served warm/hot..
Lettuce, rice, tomato, cucumber, onion, hummus, spicy red, tahini, and pita chips. Yes, I overdid it on the toppers but it all went together so well. For the wrap build: First, spread tahini sauce on the tortillas, then top with shredded romaine, then the relish, then the. All meals include french fries or salad and fountain soda. Veggie Wrap (vg) Includes grilled falafel, onions, green peppers and mushrooms served with tzatziki sauce.