Pasta pie. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente; drain. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end.
Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. With just a few extra minutes of prep time, a classic baked pasta dinner is transformed into an eye-catching pie. This simple spaghetti pie recipe is easy and fun to make; use leftover cooked pasta for a super quick weeknight meal or dinner party standout. You can cook Pasta pie using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta pie
- Prepare of pie.
- It’s 2 of or double of my homemade sauce recipe, in profile.
- You need 32 oz of of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb of dried pasta, I used baby farfalle.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 4 oz of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 large of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with eggs, ¼ cup Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and briefly rinse with cold water. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and stir in ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
Pasta pie instructions
- Have sauce already prepared and reserve 3 cups for later..
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook dried pasta 10-12 minutes, until al dente..
- In mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, half of the grated romano cheese, eggs, onions, garlic, salt and pepper..
- Mix well making sure eggs are well incorporated. Set aside..
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and mix with larger amount of sauce..
- Mix in 3/4 amount of shredded mozzarella in pasta and sauce..
- In a 9" spring form dish, layer half of pasta..
- Next layer in ricotta mixture leaving 1/4" from edge of pan..
- Layer other half of pasta..
- Sprinkle on 1/4 remaining amount of mozzarella on top with a sprinkle of leftover grated romano..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes, uncovered..
- Place on baking tray to catch any possible bubble over!.
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Pour remaining sauce, hot, over each " slice of pasta pie" with a touch of romano..
- Enjoy! For best cutting results use a sharp knife but use a pie server to remove slices..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Add spaghetti and toss to coat the noodles. Transfer the spaghetti to the prepared pie dish and arrange the noodles on the bottom and up the side of the dish to form a crust. Line a pie pan with spaghetti, margarine, eggs and Parmesan, top with creamy cottage cheese, then pour on a savory beef and tomato sauce flavored with onions, garlic and green pepper. Mozzarella baked on top makes a scrumptious crust. Season noodles and add to pie dish.