broccoli and cheese soup. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth.
Serve the soup as is, mash with a potato masher to. Daughter said it had too much broccoli or not enough cheese – didn't know which.:) Anywayyyy I microsteamed it three minutes then allowed to cool. Transfer soup to bowls, garnish with reserved cheese, and serve immediately. You can cook broccoli and cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of broccoli and cheese soup
- You need of base.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 32 oz of frozen broccoli.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of seasoning salt, plus more to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each black and white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 quart of half and half.
Cheese Broccoli Soup This simple soup has basic ingredients, but it tastes so good. The green broccoli florets and the brilliant orange carrots make this creamy soup a colorful addition to any table. —Evelyn Massner, Oakville, Iowa Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food! This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. Also try my Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup and Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup.
broccoli and cheese soup step by step
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, olive oil, and half and half.
- Add seasoning salt and pepper..
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, continuing to stir until cheese is melted and evenly distributed among the soup.
- Stir in garlic powder.
- In another bowl, slowly add cornstarch to water, stirring.
- Add mixture to soup slowly, stirring until an even consistency is achieved.
By VELVEETA Cheese Save Pin Print Directions. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and broth. Add the broccoli, carrots and the sauteed onions, into the pot. Stir, add the milk and half & half.