Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie. Browse our great range of cookware. Enjoy a free UK delivery on eligible orders! Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie nickie r.
This is hard for me to share, because when Im cooking I don't really measure things, I just add. Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie instructions. Start the night before you prepare this and wash and then marinade your chicken with the Italian dressing and salt and pepper then throw it the frige till you cook the next day. You can cook Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie
- It’s 1 small of sour cream.
- You need 3 each of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 packages of frozen peas or you can use fresh, your choice.
- It’s 1 packages of fresh baby carrots chopped up.
- It’s 2 each of i use canned diced potatoes, but if you are feeling it, by all means, cut up some potatoes yourself.
- It’s 1 of * don't forget to drop all your cut up potatoes into cold water to avoid browning.
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of bottle of italian dressing.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 stick of parkay butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of pet milk.
- It’s 1 of *or you can use milk.
- Prepare 2 packages of pilsbury ready made pie crusts (in a box near canned biscuits in the store)(it takes 2 boxes with 2 crust in each box).
- Prepare 1 of pam nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 1 of *you will need at least a 13×9 dish to cook this in, it feeds alot of people.
Give it a stir and taste. Add the rest of the lemon juice and a more seasoning if you think it needs it. Remove the baking beans and baking parchment from the pie and fill the pie up with the chicken mixture. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash, then top the pie with the remaining piece of pastry.
Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie instructions
- Start the night before you prepare this and wash and then marinade your chicken with the Italian dressing and salt and pepper then throw it the frige till you cook the next day..
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Cook chicken with the Italian dressing poured all over it until done.
- while chicken cooks, add 1/2 bag of peas, carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, two big spoonfuls of sour cream all in a large pot.
- Also add milk, butter, salt and pepper at this time..
- Heat this all up to a boil, stirring frequently, boil long enough to heat it all up and then turn it down and keep it warm..
- Next after you cook your chicken, cut it all up to your desired size. I like nice, at least in inch size peices.
- After you take the chicken out of the oven, go by the directions on the box and spray your dish well with pam, line your.dish with 2 of the crusts, use a fork and make some holes in the dough to avoid big air bubbles (and let crust hang over the edges of your dish).
- Add the chicken to your mixture and stir it all up good. Let it simmer while your crusts cook.
- Next pour mixture into your dish over the cooked crust.
- Open the other box of 2 pie crust, and lay it across the top of the entire dish. Again, allow your crusts to overlay the edges of the dish all the way around, and polk a few fork holes in those crust and put entire dish back in the oven and cook on about 400° until crust is golden brown.
- **I almost forgot, I like to brush an egg wash over the crust, it makes it look and taste better**.
Poke several holes in the bottom of the crust. Remove and set aside to cool. Season the chicken thighs with some salt and pepper. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot.