Broccoli Cheese Soup. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. Make Delicious Soup Dishes with Almond Breeze! Search & Share Delicious Soup Recipes Using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Now!
Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Add the nutmeg, then the broccoli, a small dash of salt and plenty of black pepper. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 head of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
This is by far the best broccoli cheese soup I have been able to come up with. It's made with a roux, chicken stock, milk, a mix of cheese, and fresh broccoli. This is by far the best broccoli cheese soup I have been able to come up with. It's made with a roux, chicken stock, milk, a mix of cheese, and fresh broccoli.
Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Drain, remove vegetables and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. If you like Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. I kept the soup vegetarian by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it healthier by using fat-free half-and-half. Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth; you'll still have flecks of carrot and broccoli.