Chipotle Pork Taco Mini Pizza. Try The All New Pop'N Chicken From Domino's Perfect For Dipping. Bite-Sized Chicken Lightly Seasoned With A Crispy Coating Served With BBQ Dip. Chipotle Pork Taco Mini Pizza Brendan Loftus Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
This simple pork taco recipe highlights traditional Mexican ingredients like cilantro, lime, and chipotle chiles. Cook the corn tortillas over an open gas flame or in a grill pan for chargilled flavor. home A couple of chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are added next. Add the browned pork back to the Dutch oven and combine it with the sauce. You can have Chipotle Pork Taco Mini Pizza using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chipotle Pork Taco Mini Pizza
- Prepare 4 of pita bread pockets.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- You need 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of gilbert's chipotle mozzarella and lime pork sausage link.
- It’s 1 cup of of cholula hot sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chipotle mayo.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh pico de gallo.
- Prepare 2 cup of red onion.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded or sliced pepper jack cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of of sour cream.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cilantro.
Combine thinly sliced pork, lime zest, lime juice, oregano, brown sugar, chipotles, garlic, and salt. Chipotle makes Carnitas with an earthy, savory spice mix that includes thyme, bay leaves, salt, and cracked black pepper. However, the one thing that really makes Chipotle Carnitas stand out and special is the addition of juniper berries. Chipotle's website tells you that they use pork from responsibly-raised animals.
Chipotle Pork Taco Mini Pizza instructions
- Take a cookie tray, and scatter kosher salt on the tray..
- Take each pita bread, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on both sides of the bread, leaving a nice layer without any puddles. Do this for each pizza..
- Take the Cholula hot sauce and shake a liberal amount of it in a separate bowl. Squirt two small dabs of chipotle mayo for consistency. Add a couple teaspoons of ground cumin. Stir until color is a sun-orange color..
- With a brush, take the sauce you just created and spread it on each of the 4 pita breads, creating a nice layer, without any puddles..
- Cut the pork sausage link into discs, and place about 4-5 discs onto each pita bread..
- Take your red onion, and place about 1.5 cups worth of rings onto the frying pan to be grilled..
- Grill onions until caramelized. Take onions off pan and let simmer for a few minutes..
- After simmering, take onions and cut them into much smaller bits, and separate them into piles of 4..
- Place each pile of finely chopped grilled onions on each pita bread..
- Top the pita bread with shredded or sliced pepper jack cheese..
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted..
- After baking, top each pita bread with a dollop of sour cream in the middle, a spoonful of fresh cold pico de gallo, and some fresh chopped cilantro..
- Finally, squirt fresh lime on each of the pita pizzas..
- Serve hot, & enjoy!.
Pork, a common taco filling throughout Latin America, takes well to spices. A slightly sweet fruit salsa helps balance the heat. Transfer to a plate after cooked. Pour the chipotle paste over the pork shoulder, Rub the pork shoulder with the chipotle paste, rubbing in thoroughly on all sides. Do not rinse raw poultry or meat.