Tender Beef Short Ribs. We Use Our Skill And Knowledge To Select Meat Specifically For Its Tenderness And Flavour. Check out our selection & order now. Free UK delivery on eligible orders!
Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until all of the browned bits have mixed in with the liquid. Return and submerge the short ribs in the pot. Short ribs are the beef equivalent of pork spareribs but they're quite a bit meatier. You can have Tender Beef Short Ribs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tender Beef Short Ribs
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil for browning.
- You need 4 lb of beef short ribs.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrorots, chopped.
- You need 3 of ribs of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 large of tomato, cut into chunks.
- You need 6 of peeled garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of dryed thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of ketcup.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dry red wine.
- Prepare 2 cup of good quality beef stock.
They are cut from the same part of the beef as brisket and like brisket, usually require long, slow cooking times to make a tender, tasty product. Short ribs consist of a piece of meat from the serratus ventralis muscle and a "short" portion of the rib—not the full rib, which, on a cow, is huge. They tend to have a lot of fat and connective tissue, so they're a popular choice for hands-off, low-and-slow cooking methods, such as braising. Beef Short Ribs Everyone will love this rich, tender cut of meat.
Tender Beef Short Ribs instructions
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown short ribs that have been seasoned with salt and pepper. Remove as done to a plate..
- Meanwhile combine in food processor garlic, onion, carrot, celery, tomato, lemon juice, ketcup, mustard, pepper, hot sauce and thyme. Blend to a smooth pulp..
- In same pan that short ribs were browned in add vegetable pulp cook about 10 minutes on low, add wine and increase heat to medium high and simmer until wine has reduced to a few tablespoons. Add beef broth..
- At this point add ribs and sauce to either a covered roasting pan, a crockpot or pressure cooker, cooking for each follows..
- TO BRAISE IN OVEN; Preheat oven to 325, Place covered ribs and sauce in oven for 3 hours. Remove ribs from sauce strain and remove excess fat from sauce serve sauce over ribs..
- FOR CROCKPOT; Place ribs and sauce in crockpot cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Remove ribs from sauce, strain sauce and remove excess fat from sauce serve on ribs..
- FOR PRESSURE COOKER; Cook on high pressure 90 minutes, remove ribs from pot, strain sauce and remove excess fat, serve sauce over ribs..
- The sauce for the ribs is not meant to be really thick, its more of a rich beefy sauce, if you prefer a thicker sauce add tiny amounts of cornstarch mixed with cold water to the strained sauce while bringing it to a boil..
- Serve with mashed potatos, or if you prefer rice or pasta!.
Short ribs are delicious braised in the oven, slow cooked in the Crock-Pot, or grilled Korean BBQ-style. Cooking beef short ribs in the oven is a really easy process. Here's my fool-proof method to baking ribs that are melt in your mouth tender. Remove any excessive fat from the short ribs then wash and pat dry with paper towels. Season liberally with kosher salt and my favorite seasoning blend to use as a dry rub.