Salsa Verde Pizza. The Official Food Of Only Ever Using Fresh Ingredients. Tasty Handmade Pizzas & Sumptuous Side From Domino's Pizza. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Measure in the water and beer. Stir to combine everything into a rough-looking mass. The combination of salsa verde as the base for pizza topped with crispy carnitas makes for a delectable gourmet carnitas pizza. You can have Salsa Verde Pizza using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salsa Verde Pizza
- You need of crust.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of quick rise yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of light beer.
- It’s of salsa verde.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of tomatillos, de-husked and rinsed.
- Prepare 4 of serrano peppers, stems removed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of water.
- Prepare of pizza toppings.
- Prepare 10 oz of package of chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 8 oz of queso fresco.
- You need 1/4 of red onion, sliced fine.
- You need 1/2 can of black olives, sliced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, sliced fine.
- You need of garnish.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro, shredded.
- It’s 1 of queso anejo or romano shredded fresh.
Scatter on the cooked chorizo, sliced red onion and crumbled goat cheese. Authentic Mexican Salsa Verde is a fresh and bright green sauce that pairs perfectly with chicken. Now you can have a delicious salsa verde chicken enchilada in a hand held slice of pizza! For the pizza, I figured I would keep it simple: salsa verde as the sauce, with shredded chicken, queso fresco cheese, scallions, black olives, and cilantro.
Salsa Verde Pizza step by step
- DAY BEFORE COOKING: Combine all dry ingredients for crust in medium sized mixing bowl. Add beer and water. Mix into course dough. Cover with plastic wrap and leave out to rise overnight, or at least 8 hours..
- For salsa, begin with setting broiler on high..
- Place serranos and tomatillos on baking sheet 4 inches under broiler. Cook until each is soft, splotchy and blackened – about 5 minutes on each side. Color will turn from vibrant green to an olive hue. Remove from broiler to cool..
- Place roasted serranos and tomatillos in food processor. Add remaining salsa ingredients. Process til coarse or desired consistency..
- Preheat oven to 500°F..
- Cook chorizo in skillet until browned..
- Press dough into greased pizza pan or 13×18 baking sheet. Add [in this order] salsa, chorizo, red onions, black olives, garlic, and crumbled queso fresco..
- Bake on center rack until golden brown – about 20 mintues..
- Top with garnish and serve. A side of light sour cream for dipping is yummy. :).
The result was just as delicious as you would imagine, and not bad to look at, either. After one bite, I was already brainstorming all the other Mexican-inspired pizzabilities. Well, here's a great twist on pizza that swaps roasted tomatillo salsa for traditional red sauce and goat cheese for mozzarella. We use only the freshest ingredients in our authentic Mexican recipes to bring the highest quality of food to your table. Toss tomatillos, white onion, and jalapeños with vegetable oil on a sheet tray, and season with salt and pepper.