Extra blueberry muffins. First, combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. If you have one, use a sifter to sift the flour mixture. This process allows more air into the mixture and makes the blueberry muffins extra fluffy.
These muffins are extra large and very delicious. Add extra blueberries too, if you want! Recipe by: Colleen Put the blueberries in a small bowl and mix with the plain flour (this prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). You can cook Extra blueberry muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Extra blueberry muffins
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of blueberry juice (optional).
- You need 1 tbs of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of organic blueberries.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 4 tbs of cold water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s of Organic blueberry powder to dust (optional).
Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture, which should be quite. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight. Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to just. The main cause of dry, hard muffins is over-mixing the batter and overcooking the muffins.
Extra blueberry muffins instructions
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and let simmer till brown (needs to be brown).
- Mix all wet ingredients besides milk together till combines. It should smell delicious and the batter should look almost like a cookie dough.(sugars are wet ingredients).
- Sift all dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine..
- Let batter sit for a couple minutes while you preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease a muffin tin..
- Add milk to batter and mix till combines with a spatula then scoop 1tbs of the batter into each slot of the muffin tin. Put it into the oven and cook for 18 minutes exactly..
- Once cooled feel free to add organic blueberry powder to top it off..
Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This is my best blueberry muffins recipe!