My Mom's Roast Beef. The beef was perfectly spiced, the gravy different and delicous, and the meat was incredibly tender. Next time I'll remember to try the coffee. My mom taught me how to make one of the best beef roasts ever!
Add onion and cook until transparent. In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium-high heat. Add the water, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, onion, celery, garlic and bay leaves. You can have My Mom's Roast Beef using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Mom's Roast Beef
- Prepare of Seasonings————–.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground Hungarian paprika.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Roast————–.
- It’s 6 pound of beef Butt roast.
- You need 5 pounds of red potatoes.
- You need 2 pounds of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions each quarted.
- You need 1 stalk of celery split and chopped.
- You need of Moisturizer————-.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of softened butter.
- You need of Gravy————–.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
When I talked to my mom about this post, she said that lately it's difficult to find a classic rump roast in the meat case. So I went to a butcher and they cut one for me. Ask for a rump roast or sirloin tip roast. With onions, beef, carrots, and potatoes, this recipe for classic beef roast shows you just how mom used to make it.
My Mom's Roast Beef instructions
- Preheat oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the beef and Vegetables.
- Add beef to the roaster.
- Cut the potatoes, leave the peeling on potatoes and peel and chop the carrots. Split the celery and chop. Quarter both onions..
- Add the vegetables to the roaster..
- Add the Worcestershire sauce to top of beef and all around the sides..
- Coat with spices the beef and Vegetables.
- Smother the roast with butter and add the water to the roaster..
- Roast in oven covered for 4-6 hours. Time depends upon how done you like beef.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter add the flour to make a Roux.
- Add 3 cup of the beef drippings and 2 cup of water and salt. Bring to boil and simmer. Stir till smooth add more liquids if needed.
- Slice against the grain of the meat..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. My Mom's Best Beef Pot Roast Recipe is tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. The perfect Sunday dinner to bring the family together, this classic comfort food recipe can be made in the oven or slow cooker!. My mom makes the most amazing pot roast.