Mexican rice. Looking for Mexican rice (arroz) recipes? Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire. These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice.
Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? This easy Mexican Rice from Delish.com is a vegetable-loaded delight. Make it as a side with tacos or fajitas, or make it a main and top it with chicken and a fried egg! You can cook Mexican rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican rice
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 2 spoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 spoon of jeera( cumin) powder.
- It’s 1 spoon of pepper powder.
- You need as needed of Chilli flakes.
- You need 2-3 of garlic pods.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Be careful that the oil doesn't get too hot too fast or the oil will splatter. Mexican rice is the anchor of many excellent Mexican spreads, and having recently posted our recipe for Chiles Rellenos, I'm back with the perfect Mexican rice to go alongside.
Mexican rice instructions
- Soak rice for 30minutes,strain and keep aside.keep a pan pour oil add chopped garlic and onion and saute for few minutes.add jeera salt and pepper.
- Now add d rice and saute for 2 minute.then add a vegetables and mix well.
- Add water and cover the lid bring the flame to medium.inbetween add chilli flakes give a stir. Once the rice is cooked switch off the flame.decorate with some coriander leaves and serve hot.
I'm a big believer in the accoutrements that come with food—the sides, the sauces, the extras, the add-ons, the toppings—the trappings that make the dish a MEAL. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. This is a variation of Mexican Rice.