Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce. Throw garlic and onions into pot. Stir to cook for a minute or two, then add tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, salt, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
Cook the tomato paste with the vegetables for about five minutes. Add the wine, stirring to mix the vegetables and wine. All that browned yumminess will mix with the wine and enhance the flavor of your short ribs. You can have Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce
- It’s 1 can of 6oz Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 32 oz of Beef broth.
- You need 1 each of large onion.
- You need 2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 5 lb of Beef Short Ribs.
Cook to reduce the mixture by about half. Stir in parsley, thyme, bay leaves, brown sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Add onions and short ribs, and stir together until the mixture comes to a boil. Our Braised Short Rib Sauce features fall-off-the-bone tender beef short ribs braised in a thick and rich red wine tomato sauce.
Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce instructions
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika and flour.
- Trim, rinse and dry beef.
- Coat the beef with all of the flour mixture.
- Add oil to skillet and heat to 400°F Fahrenheit.
- Brown the beef short ribs on all sides and remove from pan.
- Chop onion and saute in remaining oil..
- Combine beef stock, tomato paste, carrots and celery in pan.
- return meet to pan and cover and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for two (2) hours.
- Serve over thick egg noodles, potatoes or rice.
Serve over pasta or polenta, this dish impresses in both flavor and presentation. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and add them to the casserole in a single layer. Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and red pepper. Add short ribs and sausage, submerging in tomato mixture.