Short ribs curry with mushrooms & green bell peppers. chop onions into quarter, green bell peppers into square, mince garlic and tomato into quarters. Thyme, rosemary and bay leaves are natural partners. Dried wild mushrooms like morels lay in a smoky undertone.
Heat the pancetta and the reserved drippings in a skillet over medium-high heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a nearby large bowl. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. You can cook Short ribs curry with mushrooms & green bell peppers using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Short ribs curry with mushrooms & green bell peppers
- You need 2 lb of short ribs.
- Prepare 1 head of onion.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 head of roma tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 oz of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 head of green bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 packages of buttton mushroom.
- It’s 3 oz of olive oil.
- You need 1 dash of fresh ground black pepper.
Place ribs in an electric slow cooker or crock pot. Reserve the short ribs on a plate until all are browned. Add the garlic and the mushrooms, including the whole stems. The short ribs are slowly braised with easy-to-find dried porcini mushrooms (for real, ask someone at the fancy grocery store and they'll find them for you!) until they turn into a triumph of fork-tender goodness.
Short ribs curry with mushrooms & green bell peppers instructions
- chop onions into quarter, green bell peppers into square, mince garlic and tomato into quarters..
- Marinate short ribs into large bowl for 30 minutes with soy sauce, vinegar and curry..
- preheat pot and pour olive oil, sautee onions, garlic then add meat for 5 minutes..
- add the green bell peppers and mushrooms simmer for 3 minutes..
- pour the sauce that was used to marinate the meat and add 1 cup of water. boil for 15 minutes then simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat is soft and tender..
- dissolve the sauce until nice and thick and skim off the meat oil fat..
I love these short ribs over mashed potatoes, but the rich tomato and mushroom gravy is fantastic over soft polenta as well. Season the short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Brown the ribs on all sides in the hot skillet. In the insert of your slow cooker combine the remaining ingredients. We know it's tough to wait while you braise short ribs, but the low-and-slow method produces the juiciest, tastiest results.