Sheik's Gourmet Pizza: New York System Weiner Pizza. Make Sure Your Ready Order The Domino's Winter Survival Deal. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Sheik's New York System Weiner pizza is an incredible "simulation" of that weiner experience without using a shred of pork.
This is a nice twist on that recipe in the form of a gourmet pizza. Great recipe for Sheik's Gourmet Pizza: The Syrian "Speeza". The hot wiener or New York System wiener, also commonly hot weiner, is a staple of the food culture of Rhode Island. You can cook Sheik's Gourmet Pizza: New York System Weiner Pizza using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sheik's Gourmet Pizza: New York System Weiner Pizza
- It’s of The Sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of French's Yellow Mustard.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Sweet Baby James Honey Chipotle.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of relish.
- You need of Dough Prep.
- You need of Market Basket Beer Dough.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need 1 of lbs. ground beef (80% lean).
- Prepare 2 cups of sweet onions (chopped fine).
- You need 2 cups of mexican blend shredded cheese.
It is typically made from a small, thin frankfurter made of veal and pork, thus giving it a different taste from a traditional hot dog made of beef. Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown; drain. Weiner is also the founder of Scott's Pizza Tours, a New-York based walking and bus tour company that is arguably the easiest and most entertaining way for out-of-towners to learn about the city's pizza obsession.
Sheik's Gourmet Pizza: New York System Weiner Pizza step by step
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and let sit, wrapped at room temperature for at least one hour. This is a very important step in our goal of not fighting the dough. Cold dough is extremely hard to spread..
- Using a 16-inch pizza pan, pour two large beads of olive oil, making a sign of a cross. Next, thoroughly rub in the olive oil with your hand in a circular motion, making sure to get all of the pan right to the edges, covered with olive oil. For proper Sicilian pizza dough, too much olive oil is NEVER an issue..
- Next, drop the ball of beer dough into the center of the pan and rub it around in a circular motion collecting the olive oil to saturate the underside. Flip and repeat on the other side of the dough… And then use your hands to ensure that the sides and all of the dough have a good saturation of olive oil. Do not spread the dough as of yet. Simply cover it with a tea towel and forget about it for the next 15 minutes. Let the olive oil do with magic..
- Now, begin spreading out the dough on one side, and then flip the dough and spread it on the other side. You should begin to notice that the dough is beginning to spread a little bit easier. Do not try to spread it the full length of the pan. Spread it as far as it will let you and stop. Repeat this three times on both sides and then cover the dough again with the tea towel. Again wait 15 minutes after covering..
- Now the dough should be pretty much spread to the edges of the pan. Try to make the spread as even as possible, uniformly, otherwise you may have a huge crust bubbling up when you cook it. Now, take some more olive oil and again make the sign of the cross lengthwise horizontally and vertically on the dough, and then use your hands to spread it evenly all over the dough. Finally, using your fingers, punch fingerprint pits into the dough all over. This will aid in spreading the sauce easier..
- Prepare your toppings. Finely chop the sweet onions. Cook the ground beef in a large fry pan. Be sure to use two spatulas to break up the meat so that it cooks more in a crumbled form. Once the meat turns color, add the Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic (or your favorite Cajun spice). Cook the ground beef to about 75% done. It will cook the rest of the way in the oven. Drain the ground beef after cooking..
- Mix the sauce ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl..
- Spread the sauce evenly on the pizza dough. Next, add the ground beef. Sprinkle the onions on top of the ground beef. And then cover the toppings with the cheese. Bake in a 475 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes..
Tours are grouped within specific boroughs and each three-hour walking tour takes in three pizzerias, while bus tours take in four. The Best Pizza in New York City by Neighborhood. This post is about where you can find a great slice of pizza organized by neighborhood. We highlight pizzas from Manhattan including Greenwich Village, Midtown, Little Italy, and the East Village. We also cover the best Brooklyn pizzerias.