Braised beef ribs with onion and carrot. Braised beef ribs with onion and carrot Teresa Tsang Hong Kong. Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, leek, garlic, peppercorns, star anise and chopped onion (reserve the sliced onion) Return the beef ribs to the pan, cover with the beef stock and bring to the boil.
Heat the oil or shortening in a Dutch oven over high heat; brown short ribs on all sides. Add beef broth to the pot. Chop the carrots and onion. while the meat rests at room temperature. You can cook Braised beef ribs with onion and carrot using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised beef ribs with onion and carrot
- You need 1 of onion (chopped in a large piece).
- It’s 1 of carrot (chopped in cube).
- Prepare 1 of spring onion.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of chilli (optional).
- Prepare of Beef ribs (cubes).
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1.5 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s of Cooking wine.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2-3 cups of water.
In a large, oven safe pot with a lid, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Sauté carrots and onion, then remove them to a plate. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
Braised beef ribs with onion and carrot step by step
- Prepare the beef ribs with the seasonings, stay for at least 1 hour.
- High heat, stir fried the onion, garlic cloves, spring onion, chilli (optional).
- Put the beef into the pot, keep stir frying. Carrots added, add some black pepper and salt and stir frying for a while..
- Adding the sauce (oyster sauce and soy sauce), stir fry a bit, put the water, just cover the food. Lid on and turn to low heat. Stay around 45 mins. (Keep checking and see if the pot is running out of water)..
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the short ribs and carrots to individual bowls. Skim the fat off the sauce. You've got braised beef roast, carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings braised in some good 'ol beef broth and red wine (don't want to use wine just sub extra beef broth). This is the comfort food that your soul craves. You can store the leftovers in the same pot in the fridge- so possibly hardly any cleanup for tonight's meal.