Picnic corn salad. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. Grab Yourself A Bargain With Our Range Of Cheap Used Books. Picnic corn salad is a salad that consists of corn and other vegetables, like zucchini, peppers, and onions, and is dressed with a sweet and tangy salad dressing.
What if I can't have corn? Rinse under cold running water or put in an ice bath; drain well. Chop cucumber, red and green peppers, and onion. You can cook Picnic corn salad using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Picnic corn salad
- You need 6 ears of corn.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions.
- You need 2 of red bell peppers.
- It’s 1 pt of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of english cucumbers.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
Add to corn in large bowl. Drizzle over corn mixture; stir gently. Add lettuce, toss gently to coat. This is a delicious mobile side salad.
Picnic corn salad step by step
- Get a large pot of water boiling and shuck your corn..
- Blanch the whole corn cobs for about 4 minutes. Then, drain the corn and run some cold water over it to stop the cooking..
- Slice the cucumbers in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Dice the cucumber. Toss it in a big bowl..
- Core and dice the bell pepper and add it to the bowl..
- Chop up the green onions and add them to the bowl..
- Slice the corn kernels from each cob and add the corn to the bowl..
- Juice lemons and add to the bowl..
- Toss it all together and see how it tastes. You might want to add a little salt and pepper, but I like it how it is. Also, this is a great recipe to play around with. If you don't like one of the ingredients, leave it out. Or, add something new..
The first time Phil and I ever had this corn salad was years ago at a dinner party hosted by some dear friends of ours. Patsy and David Quintero used to throw the most amazing dinner parties! We never wanted to miss one.to the point that once we were at a wedding in Santa Barbara for the weekend, we drove back down to Los Angeles for their dinner party, and the same evening drove back up to. Rinse under cold running water or put in an ice. No mayo to spoil, and goes together in a snap.