Basic pizza stone calzone. The Official Food Of Only Ever Using Fresh Ingredients. Tasty Handmade Pizzas & Sumptuous Side From Domino's Pizza. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers.
Transfer the calzones to a pizza stone with the pizza peel. Or, place the baking sheet into the oven. Remove the calzones from the oven and serve them with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce. You can cook Basic pizza stone calzone using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic pizza stone calzone
- You need 1 packages of pizza dough.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella shredded cheese or more if you choose.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mexican or Italian blend shredded cheese or more if you choose.
- Prepare 2 lb of container of Whole or skim ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of Precooked grilled chicken strips.
- Prepare 6 slice of Precooked bacon.
- Prepare 1 small of amount of olive oil.
Fold the top half of the dough down on top of the bottom and seal together, either by pinching together with your fingers, or by using the calzone press. Cut two ½" slits in the top of the calzone, so that it doesn't swell up while baking. Fold dough in half; place over provolone cheese and unfold. Calzones are Italian turnovers that are stuffed with an array of ingredients.
Basic pizza stone calzone step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out room temperature pizza dough on a rectangle cutting board. I used a thin flexible one. Make sure to use plenty of flour to prevent any sticking..
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, all cheese, chicken and bacon. Mix well..
- Spoon mixture onto half of rolled out dough..
- Fold dough over mixture and pinch shut. Slide calzone off cutting board onto pizza stone..
- Brush top of calzone with olive oil..
- Bake 30 minutes. I usually turn the broiler on for a minute or less to brown the top after it's done baking..
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce..
Pretty much anything that goes on a pizza can go into a calzone. The fillings are placed on one half of the circular shaped pizza dough. The dough is then folded over, pinched and sealed, coated with an egg wash or olive oil, and baked in the oven until golden brown. Calzones are an outside-in version of a pizza, looking like you folded a smaller pizza in half and sealed up the sides. Aside from the difference in presentation, there are a few key distinctions.