Quick Bread. Search for quick easy recipes recipe. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Quick bread is a bit of a catch-all name for batter breads that rise fast, from sweet loaf cakes to hearty soda breads and everything in between.
Add the raisins to the batter. For the uninitiated, fry bread is a traditional American Indian quick bread that's equally delectable sweet or savory. Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. You can have Quick Bread using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Bread
- You need of gluten free flour.
- It’s of cream of tartar.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s of ground flax seed (combined with 3 tbs hot water).
- It’s of hot water.
Simply put, quick bread is a bread recipe that is made without yeast. These quick bread recipes are leavened with baking powder or soda. This list includes our favorite muffins, cornbread, biscuits, loaf cakes, and more. Quick bread is a category of non-yeasted bread like baked goods that are made very quickly.
Quick Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 500°F and preheat baking pan. Combine 2 cups gluten free flour with cream of tartar and baking soda..
- Finely grind flax seed..
- Combine flax with 3 Tbs hot water..
- With the bread hook on low, slowly mix in the 2 cups of hot water and flax seed mixture..
- Once a slightly sticky dough has formed remove from mixer..
- Roll dough into a ball on (gluten free) floured surface..
- Break and roll into four ball pieces and use a roller to flatten. The dough will be delicate and light..
- Put on preheated baking pan and place on bottom rack. Should rise (not quite doubling in thickness, but able to slice in two for sandwiches) and brown within 10 minutes..
- Remove immediately. Allow to cool..
- Slice in half to make sandwiches. Brushed with olive oil and sprinkled sea salt, will add herbs next time as well. Tasty!.
The lack of yeast in quick bread allows them to be prepped and baked very quickly, hence the name! Muffins, biscuits, scones, and loaf breads that do not contain yeast (like this one) all fall into the "quick bread" category. Baking bread doesn't have to be a labor-intensive, time-consuming task. You can easily make bread (and other bread-y foods) in less than an hour without a machine. Gluten-Free Cheese Bread Quick breads are easy to prepare and bake, and they make a fabulous sweet breakfast or snack bread.