Corn Salad. Create your Dream Garden with our Plants. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Make the dressing by whisking the lime juice into the olive oil and add the honey.
Corn kernels are fine to eat raw and to keep this salad as simple as possible we skipped it. If you would rather cook your corn first, you can heat over the stove with a little butter until lightly. With colorful ingredients like corn, tomato and green pepper, it's also pretty in the bowl and on your plate. -Rita Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania Corn Salad has a delicate flavor, which resembles a nutty, concentrated butterhead lettuce. You can have Corn Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corn Salad
- It’s 4-6 of large ears of fresh corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salad oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red ground pepper.
- It’s 1 of red pepper (chopped).
- You need 1 of green pepper (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
The leaves provide a nutritious boost of vitamins and minerals, especially iron. This speedy, fresh salad is perfect for barbecues and summer picnics. There's no cooking – just stir the crisp and colourful mix of juicy tomatoes and sweetcorn together. Toss with a tangy lime dressing and fresh coriander for a vibrant vegan side dish.
Corn Salad instructions
- Cook corn– put ears in boiling water, return to boiling — boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat for 5 minutes– rinse in cold water to prevent more cooking..
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, salt, sugar, basil & red pepper — whisk vigorously!.
- Cut corn from ears — put in mixture — add peppers & onions. Mix well..
- Cover & chill overnight..
Corn salad Growing Guide Crop Rotation Group. A cooler, shady position in summer. Carrot, Turnip, Leek, Cabbage and Viola. In warm conditions it tends to bolt to seed, producing much-branched stems with clusters of flowers. Corn salad (Valerianella locusta) is actually a small annual plant which has a characteristic nutty flavor, dark green color and soft texture.