Butter Biscuits. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, flours and salt and mix together until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Bring mixture together with hands and turn onto lightly floured surface.
Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond extract. Grease an oven tray with the butter. You can cook Butter Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Biscuits
- It’s 2-4 Cups of Self Rising Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1-2 Cups of Milk.
- You need 1 Stick of Butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 Stick of Butter, cold and somewhat solid.
Sprinkle some flour over the butter and shake the tray to evenly coat it. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt and mix until you have a ball of dough.
Butter Biscuits instructions
- In a large mixing bowl add the Flour (more flour u use the more biscuits u make). Add the salt and egg and 1 stick of melted butter. Mix well adding enough milk at a time til a soft dough forms. Cut the cold butter into cubes and add to dough..
- On a well floured surface pour dough out onto four. Sprinkle top of dough with a flour. Mix and slightly knead but don't over do it til u can still see little chunks of Butter throughout. Using a rolling pin lightly floured lightly roll out the dough til desired thickness. Using a round cookie cutter sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and cut out the biscuits. Cover with a damp clothe and let rise for bout 30-45 minutes til puffy..
- Preheat oven to 400°F while biscuits are rising. Once biscuits are puffy arrange them slightly apart on a nonstick sheet/cookie pan. Bake for 7-8minutes til light golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately 😋.
Cream the butter and icing sugar together Weigh the butter and icing sugar out and add them to a large mixing bowl or freestanding mixer. Cream the butter and icing sugar togethe with the k paddle of your mixer, a hand held mixer or just some wooden spoons. Cream them, until they are light and fluffy. You will need biscuit cutters and two baking sheets, greased or lined. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and moving towards moussiness, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.