Banana Bread. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but we had three or four bananas wasting away in the pantry so I decided to give this bread a shot.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that's ever been printed, and it's no surprise! You can cook Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s of overly ripe bananas, mashed.
- It’s of butter, melted.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of egg, beaten.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- Prepare of cinnamon powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of dried cranberries.
- You need of walnuts.
This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already. Enjoy slices of moist Banana Bread and add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or berries to customize it to your family's favorite flavors. It's always a delicious idea to have a loaf of simple Banana Bread around the kitchen for a wholesome way to satisfy snack-time cravings. The batter for this easy-to-make banana bread is enriched with sour cream, which gives it a subtle tang and super moist texture.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees..
- Mix banana, sugar, butter and egg until well combined. Add vanilla and mix..
- Add all the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix so that the bread is not too dense..
- Add the dried cranberries. Mix until thoroughly incorporated..
- Grease the pan and pour in the batter. Top with walnuts and baked for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown..
In order to avoid this quick bread becoming tough and chewy, don't overmix the batter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. I firmly believe that banana bread is something you should be able to make anytime and anywhere, with a mixer or with a fork, in a loaf pan or in a muffin tin — whenever you have a few bananas going soft and freckly.