Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust. Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. Add the beans, fajita spice mix, chopped tomatoes and some seasoning.
To celebrate I am sharing this traditional British Pork Pie recipe. I truly hope you recreate it in your kitchen too. Tip in the pork and chorizo, turn up the heat and fry the meat, stirring and breaking it down until it changes colour. You can have Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust
- You need 1 of pork tenderloin; trimmed and small dice.
- Prepare 1 of poblano pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- Prepare 4 oz of diced green chiles.
- You need 10 oz of green enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 C of shredded chihuahua cheese.
- Prepare 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- You need 2 t of cumin.
- Prepare 1 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix.
- You need 4 oz of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
Place a large pan over medium heat and add the beef and peppers. Using a wooden spoon, break up the meat into small pieces while it cooks. Once the meat is in small pieces, add the salsa, salt, chipotle, and oregano. See recipes for Zucchini and Sweet Corn Crustless Pie too.
Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust instructions
- Leave pork at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Make the cornbread batter according to the box instructions, but add the shredded cheddar as well. Wait 10 minites for mixture to thicken..
- Heat up a medium-small sized cast iron skillet..
- Season pork with half the cumin, coriander, smoked parika, and with salt and pepper. Brown quickly and remove to plate with a slotted spoon..
- Add veggies. Season with remaining spices, salt, and pepper..
- When veggies are nearly tender, return the pork to the pan..
- Add garlic and diced green chiles. Cook 1 minute..
- Add enchilada sauce and chihuahua cheese. Stir..
- Pour muffin mix slowly across the top. It helps to use a spoon to try to stretch out the batter..
- Variations; Crema, red enchilada sauce, mole, steak, chicken, corn, zucchini, sofrito, beer, thyme, white wine, cilantro, lime, crushed pineapple, crushed pepper flakes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, bacon, swiss cheese, oaxaca,.
Enchilada Recipes Macaroni and Cheese Recipes Pork Chop Recipes. Spoon pork mixture into pie crust, and top with second pie crust. Brush top crust with egg white. Shield crust edges with aluminum foil to prevent burning. Delia's Old-fashioned Raised Pork Pies recipe.