Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins. Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Spoon batter into muffin liners, filling all. All you need is: a whisk, a bowl and a muffin tin… and simple cornbread muffin ingredients: one corn on the cob, corn meal, AP flour, jalapeno, egg, buttermilk, and baking powder!
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar, eggs and honey. Place the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. You can have Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins
- You need 1 cup of fine corn meal.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of minced jalapeños (save 12 thin jalapeño slices for garnish).
- You need 1/2 cup of Tex Mex shredded Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
The very best Browned Butter Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins. Because your Tuesday is truly in NEED of a savory, sweet cornbread muffin. These muffins are extra special, made with cornmeal, buttermilk, fresh jalapeños (if you'd like them), sweet honey, and nutty browned butter. They're moist, with just the right amount of crumb, so flavorful, and beyond delicious.
Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Mix corn meal, flour, salt and baking soda together..
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs and butter together. Add sugar, buttermilk, minced jalapeños and 3/4 of the Tex Mex cheese and mix until blended..
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix..
- Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with vegetable oil. Evenly distribute mixture into 12 muffin cups..
- Garnish with thinly slice jalapeño and cheese..
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes..
Try eating them warm, right out of the oven with a smear of butter and a drizzle of honey. Spice up your typical cornbread by adding jalapenos, cheddar, and buttermilk to your Jiffy Cornbread Mix. These Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins will be the star on your dinner table. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter, eggs, and oil; stir with a whisk.