Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread. The only difference it that you are using Plantain instead of Banana and some sour cream or plain yogurt. But otherwise it taste delicious and the smell is delightful. Mix in oil, vanilla, and sugar.
Peel plantains, slice and puree in a food processor, or blender until puree. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Spread both sides of each strip of toast with fresh yeast and drop into strained liquid. You can have Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread
- It’s 3-4 of ripe Plantains (or 4-5 ripe bananas).
- You need 250 of g/2 cup flour.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 100 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of instant coffee powder.
A plantain is a type of banana that's larger in size and has a starchier consistency, which is why it's not often consumed raw. Although the health benefits of bananas and plantains are largely the same, the ways that they are prepared are not. Banana bread has a softer texture with more banana integrity. However, the plantain bread is a little denser with a sweet but not so intense plantain flavor.
Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Put peeled plantains or bananas in a bowl and mix by hands. (To have some chunks left in the bread later.).
- Put the butter and sugar in a separate bowl and microwave for 1 minute to melt and mix well. Mix with the bananas..
- Beat the eggs well on another bowl, then mix with the banana mixture..
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder to the mixture through a sifter for a smoother taste. Mix well with a whisk..
- Put aluminum foil in a baking dish, then pour the mixture in. Sprinkle coffee powder on the top. Cover the dish with extra aluminum foil in case the surface gets too brown at baking. Bake for 40 minutes..
- Remove the top aluminum foil. The center should still be a little moist. Bake for another 20 minutes..
- Delicious banana bread ready to serve..
The best plantains to use for this recipe are the over-ripe plantains. This is when the flavor of your cake will really shine through. The bread itself turned out to be a smaller loaf than what I've made in the past, and it was easy to make because of the few ingredients it called for. If you are not familiar with plantain bread (plantain cake), you are in for a treat. This bread is gluten-free, delicious, and is a perfect alternative to banana bread and a great way to use your ripe plantains.