Stuffed courgettes. Save time and do your groceries online. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! The Highest Quality Crystals from the smallest specimen to the largest Statement Piece.
Karen's stuffed courgette recipe makes the most of seasonal round courgettes, available from most good greengrocers. This recipe makes a wonderfully light lunch dish as it uses minced chicken, but feel free to adapt to your tastes; using beef mince for a more hearty flavour or cooked rice if catering for vegetarians. Stuffed courgettes, with their thinner skins and creamy flesh, are a far more attractive prospect, however, and popular throughout southern Europe and the Middle East. You can cook Stuffed courgettes using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed courgettes
- You need 4-5 tablespoon of bread crumbs.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Parmesan.
- It’s 1 of courgette/ person.
- Prepare of Ragú (Bolognese sauce) – check out my ragú recipe on my feed.
Season with pepper to taste and then ﬁll the courgettes with the mixture. Salt the inside of the courgettes before filling, and then drain the water that will form inside. Remove from the oven and serve with the lid still resting on top of the filling. Stuffed courgettes is a traditional greek food that you can find in many variations also in turkey, and middle eastern countries.
Stuffed courgettes step by step
- Pre-heat the oven on 180degrees. Start by washing and chopping the lid off the courgettes.
- With a spoon remove the inside of the courgette to create a hole and put all the flesh removed aside.
- Cook the courgettes in the oven for 25 min or so, place the courgettes upside down so that any water drains away on the tray. Leave the "lid" of the courgettes out of the oven for now..
- Chop the flesh of the courgettes that you have removed and cook it in a pan with some oil. Add salt to help removing the water from the courgettes. Leave to cook for 10-15min stirring often and drain away any water (I used a colander). When most of the water has been removed add the ragu and stir until hot..
- Mix the parmesan with the breadcrumbs in a bowl..
- When the courgettes are soft remove them from the oven and fill them with the ragu sauce. Top it with the breadcrumbs and parmesan mixture. Put the lid on the tray (not on top of the courgettes yet as it will burn otherwise) and put the whole of the tray in the oven..
- Cook for 15-20 min. To serve place the lid delicately back on top of the courgettes..
As this part of the world really likes to stuff vegetables and cook them, this dish couldn't be missing from a greek food menu. Reserve the pulp, and chop lightly. Easy baked French round zucchini stuffed with minced meat (Courgette ronde farcie à la viande hachée) – rich in flavor, kid-friendly and perfect for feeding a crowd. Here is the step-by-step tutorial for Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini (scroll down for the print-friendly recipe) In a large bowl, combine the stuffing ingredients of rice, ground beef, fresh parsley, dill, diced tomatoes, water, olive oil and spices. These vegan stuffed courgette boats make such a hearty, super flavoursome and healthy dish full of nutrients.