ANZAC biscuits. Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. World of Books is one of the largest online sellers of second-hand books in the world Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
In a large mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, oats, coconut, sugar and a pinch of salt. Melt the unsalted butter and golden syrup together in a small pan set over a low heat (or in the. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat, then stir in the golden syrup. You can have ANZAC biscuits using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ANZAC biscuits
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of raw sugar (or brown sugar).
- Prepare 1 cup of dried desiccated coconut (2/3 cup if fresh).
- Prepare 125 g of butter.
- You need 2 Tbs of Golden syrup (can be opted to maple syrup or honey).
- You need 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda.
In a small bowl, combine the bicarbonate. Combine the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a medium bowl. The Anzac biscuit is a sweet biscuit, popular in Australia and New Zealand, made using rolled oats, flour, sugar, butter (or margarine), golden syrup, baking soda, boiling water, and (optionally) desiccated coconut. Anzac biscuits have long been associated with the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) established in World War I.
ANZAC biscuits step by step
- Mix together flour, oats, sugar and coconut.
- Melt together butter, golden syrup and 2 tsp of cold water (I put in the microwave for 2 minutes) then put bicarb soda in and stir.
- Pour liquid over the dry ingredients combine together till this solid formation (can add bit of warm water if using dried coconut).
- Roll table spoon level of mixture and flattened then put into baking tray.
- Heat oven for 170 degrees Celsius fan forced. Then bake it for 10-12 minutes for chewy Anzac biscuit or 12-15 minutes for crunchy Anzac biscuits 😍.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes to cool down.
It has been claimed that biscuits were sent by wives. Mix together the oats, coconut, flour and sugar. Melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the golden syrup until it has dissolved. Mix the bicarb with boiling water. Stir butter and syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth.