Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich. This recipe for a Cuban sandwich, or Cubano, is a delicious grilled sandwich made with ham, pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and Cuban bread. Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich.
Tampa, Florida, USA If you like bread, meat and cheese, the Cuban sandwich is a winner. It's basically layers of meat, cheese, meat, mustard, meat, pickles, meat… Like the aforementioned Monte Cristo, the Cuban sandwich is a ham and cheese sandwich, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. In addition to ham and Swiss cheese, an authentic Cuban sandwich contains roast pork and pickles, all served on Cuban bread that's crispy on the outside, and soft-on-the-inside. You can have Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich
- It’s of —- meat——–.
- You need 1-1/3 pound of eye of round steak sliced very thin.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pound of boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 pound of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 pound of pork loin.
- You need of —-bread and spread ——-.
- Prepare 1 loaf of Cuban bread.
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced black ripe olives.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 cup of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s of —–condiments ——–.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded lettuce, iceberg.
- Prepare 1-2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need to taste of hamburger dill pickle chips.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt to taste banana pepper rings, optional.
- Prepare of –meat marinade and spices—–.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dehydrated onions.
Standard yellow mustard is the kick of flavor mandated by lovers of the Cubano. Cuban bread has a unique taste and texture because it is made with lard. The crust is sturdy but not crackling crisp and the interior is pillowy soft. Unless you live in or near Miami your chance of finding true Cuban bread is probably quite slim.
Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich instructions
- Get a skillet hot then turn heat on low.
- Fry the bacon rendering the fat.
- When the bacon is crispy remove to a paper towel. Keep the bacon drippings.
- Cut the meat up into small pieces.
- Add spices, wine, and extra Virgin olive oil..
- Put into a bag and marinate 30 minutes.
- Add to a hot deep pan, that the bacon was fried in, then add onions. Cover and simmer till done..
- Slice the bread.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, and olives.
- Spread the olive mixture on the bread.
- Add pickles and bacon.
- Add meat mixture lettuce and cheese.
- Add tomatoes.
- Butter one side of bread.
- Lay the butter side of bread in hot skillet.
- When the bread is toasted add butter to untoasted side and turn.
- Wrap in parchment paper cut in half and serve.
The Cuban Sandwich By PJ Hamel Brush or spray the rolls with water, and slash one long lengthwise slit down the middle of each. A Cuban sandwich, known as a Cubano, is a grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich variation that was created in Florida—Key West and Tampa—by Cuban immigrants who needed a filling and easy-to-carry lunch. Two versions of the sandwich exist: Salami is added in Tampa, whereas the Key West version keeps it to just pork and ham only. Followed the recipe with the note about using half regular flour, half bread flour. I really hoped this would be the one that would yield an authentic Cuban bread.