Pumpkin Pie + Pie Crust. To make pie crust, add flour, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, salt and cloves to bowl of a food processor fitted with dough blade. Traditionally the crust for pumpkin pie is not baked before the filling is added. This is because the filling takes so long to cook that the edges of the dough easily end up burnt.
Pillsbury™ pie crust takes away all of the fuss, and the super-easy filling can be prepped in one bowl and poured into the crust in just a few minutes. Gather your pumpkin pie ingredients for a pie perfect for Thanksgiving or year-round. For many of us, homemade pumpkin pie is the classic dish that says "Thanksgiving," pure and simple. You can cook Pumpkin Pie + Pie Crust using 25 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie + Pie Crust
- You need of Pie crust (for 2 pies) :.
- It’s 320 grams of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 160 grams of (=14tbs) margarine very cold + cubed.
- You need 3/4 c of water, iced.
- You need of For cooking fresh pumpkin:.
- You need of Cooking fresh pumpkin :.
- You need 1 1/2 kg of pumpkin.
- It’s dash of salt.
- It’s 3 l of water.
- It’s of Pumpkin filling:.
- It’s of Pumpkin filling :.
- You need 470 grams of =2c cooked and drained pumpkin.
- It’s 130 grams of =¾c dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 80 grams of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground flax seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cloves.
- Prepare 60 ml of =¼c aquafaba.
- It’s 95 g of =⅓c silken tofu.
- It’s 340 ml of =1½c cashew milk*.
Put away the rolling pin – this easy pat-in crust makes prep a breeze! Most custard-filled pie recipes (like pumpkin pie!) instruct you to pre bake the pie crust before filling it. Pre baking the pie crust helps keep the crust crisp and prevents a soggy-bottomed pie. There's also the fact that many custard fillings cook much faster than the crust itself.
Pumpkin Pie + Pie Crust instructions
- Combine flour, sugar and salt by either sifting it all or blending at high speed for 3sec.
- Add margarine and 'cut it in' to flour mixture (or in blender at medium speed; tmx: 5sec speed 5).
- Kneading speed and at every round add bit of water until ball forms (all together not more than 3/4c !).
- Divide evenly into 2 parts, mine happened to each be 313g.
- Place each dough ball individually in airtight container and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Boil cubed pulp of pumpkin for short time, then turn down and let bubble slightly for 20 min – or till soft enough that will easily part placing fork through – in slightly salted water at lower medium temp of stove top and with lid on..
- Pumpkin into blender.
- Blend till smooth (in tmx 5 sec, speed 6).
- Add sugars, flax and spices.
- Mix till well combined (tmx speed 4).
- Add aquafaba (e.g.chickpea brine) and beat till mixture appears fluffy (tmx: 5 sec at speed 4).
- Add silken tofu and blend well (tmx speed6).
- Add milk* and mix for 20 sec at 2.5.
- Cashew milk DIY:.
- ¾c presoaked cashews blended with 1⅓c water till smooth.
- Roll out refrigerated dough and place into pie plate.
- Pour very liquid dough into pie crust.
- Oven 220℃ for 10 min.
- Now turn down to 170℃ for 45min (w/out opening door).
- Turn off oven leaving pie in 15min longer.
- Pie is finished when crust is golden and knife comes out clean when inserted into middle of pie.
- Pie will be 'wobbly'. Moving to a cooler place. It will set more while cooling and become firm enough for cutting in the fridge..
- Let cool down for several hours. Refrigerate.
Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend in half and half until smooth, then blend in the pumpkin. Next time I will either increase the crust recipe or decrease the filling amount. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and sugar until well combined. Using clean hands, add butter and toss until just coated.