Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce. Beef Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce Just a skillet, a couple juicy steaks, fresh mushrooms and a few simple ingredients prove it doesn't take much fuss to fix a special meal for two. —Denise McNab, Warminster, Pennsylvania Beef Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home For the beef tenderloin: Preheat a saute pan or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Place the steaks in the very hot pan and get a good sear on both sides. Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce Broiled to perfection, these peppered steaks from Teresa Seaman of Pickerington, Ohio are draped with a wine and mushroom sauce for spectacular results.
Watch the video tutorial and see how easy it is. This post may contain affiliate links. Cook longer if less rare meat is desired. You can have Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter divided.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of canola oil.
- It’s 2 of beef tenderloin steaks 1 inch thick and 4 oz each.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare Dash of pepper.
- You need 2/3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of browning sauce optional.
Saute the onion in butter in a small skillet. Top slices of beef tenderloin with a rich sauce of cremini mushrooms and sweet red wine. This elegant beef recipe is an ideal choice for entertaining. Sauté in a splash of olive oil and butter.
Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce step by step
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat cook the steaks to desired doneness for medium rare a thermometer should read 135 medium 140 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan reserving drippings keep warm.
- In same pan heat drippings and remaining butter over medium high heat sauté mushrooms and green onion until tender.
- Stir in flour salt and pepper until blended gradually stir in chicken broth and if desired browning sauce.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly cook and stir until thickened about 1 to 2 minutes serve with steaks.
Arrange beef tenderloin& mushrooms on your plates, then drizzle sauce around the mushrooms and a little over the tenderloin. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Beef tenderloin is one of those cuts of meat that does most of the work for you. Today we are making a beautiful center-cut beef tenderloin roast, served with a simple baby bella mushroom pan sauce that you make while the beef roasts in the oven. Srring the mushrooms constantly helps release their juices, allowing them to caramelize quickly in this beef tenderloin steak recipe with a red wine-mushroom sauce.