Vietnamese style ribletes. Lamb riblets (which are smaller than pork spareribs) make for deliciously unexpected finger food. They're perfect party fare because you can roast them ahead of time and then run them under the broiler at the last minute to get even more caramelized flavor and crisp edges. Great recipe for Vietnamese style ribletes.
This has a herby, tangy flavor. If you want to use a dipping sauce,. Marinate the riblets Put all of the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. You can cook Vietnamese style ribletes using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese style ribletes
- Prepare of Meat:.
- Prepare 2 pounds of (give or take) short ribs.
- It’s of marinade:.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil.
- You need 1 of fresh oregano (optional, not really Vietnamese).
- Prepare 1 of fresh ginger.
- It’s 4-6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of white wine.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of green onions.
- You need 1 of fresh oregano (optional, really not Vietnamese).
Put the riblets in a gallon-size freezer bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and massage the. Slice each riblet along the bone and serve with dipping sauce. Karsten Moran for The New York Times Not all ribs are baked or grilled.
Vietnamese style ribletes instructions
- I cut my short ribs into individual pieces with one bone per piece..
- Just put them all in a bowl large enough to mix them all.
- Take some fresh basil, I am using Thai basil here.
- Some green onions.
- Some fresh mint.
- And fresh oregano, this is not a typical Vietnamese herb, but I have some growing, so I used it..
- I just rough chop it all put all the marinade ingredients in a blender, and blend it up.
- Pour the marinade in the meat, mix it all up. I just use my hands..
- Put it all in a container. I like to let it set overnight. Is there a minimum, I don't know for sure, I always make this a day ahead..
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat about 3/4 cup of water in a pan to boil. Carefully place your ribs into the water, bring back to a boil, about 8 minutes. This will render some of the fat, set the marinade and rinse some off. The marinade will burn in the oven, so having it fully flavored and fat reduced is a good thing..
- Pull each out leaving as much marinade behind as possible. I just put them on a foil lined sheet pan..
- Bake 20-30 minutes until done to your liking. These were 30 minutes..
These are oven braised with a Vietnamese spice mixture, which makes them succulent and juicy, and very tender. Combine cilantro, mint, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chile (like japaleño), and black pepper. Pour sauce over riblets and toss to coat. This is an absolutely excellent recipe! I've tried it the first time and my whole family loved it!