Sandwich bread. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Classic Sandwich Bread For sandwiches, toast, and French toast, you just can't beat a classic American sandwich loaf, with its creamy-white interior, golden crust, and soft, easily sliceable texture. Impossibly soft, yeasty, and buttery, this is the ultimate sandwich bread recipe.
With step-by-step pictures, a full video tutorial, and plenty of helpful tips, learn how to make simple white sandwich bread using a few baking ingredients like flour, water, yeast, salt, and milk. Bread flour promises a super soft interior with an extra chewy crust. And this homemade sandwich bread is so awesome because you can use it for anything you would use regular store bought sandwich bread for. You can have Sandwich bread using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sandwich bread
- You need of Bread Flour (+ more for dusting).
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of milk @ 110 deg F.
- Prepare of water @ 110 deg F.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need of Honey.
- You need of Active Dry Yeast (or 1 packet).
Yep, that's right – toast, french toast (heavenly!), bread crumbs, grilled cheese and so on. It's a no yeast bread based on Damper, a traditional Australian bread historically made by s wagmen and drovers over campfire – except we're using an oven! Use for sandwiches, toast, grilled cheese, French Toast – anything you normally make with sandwich bread. Potato bread is a half way meeting between potatoes and bread.
Sandwich bread step by step
- In a lg. mixing bowl, add water, milk, honey, butter and yeast. Stir lightly to wet yeast, then set aside until yeast becomes "gooey".j.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside an additional 1/2 cup of bread flour (about). This will be used later for kneading..
- Begin mixing in flour mixture about one cup at a time. Continue adding flour and mixing until dough begins to form and releases from the sides of the bowl..
- Use remaining flour mixture (if any) and some of the 1/2 C. Bread flour to sprinkle on flat surface. Place dough on floured surface. Sprinkle lightly with flour and begin kneading. Continue kneading and adding flour until dough is smooth and satiny..
- Form dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Turn dough over to lightly coat with oil from bowl. Cover and place in a warm draft-free area until it has risen to double in size..
- Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan with olive oil or cooking spray..
- When the dough has risen to double in size, knead dough briefly to deflate and shape into an oval. Place dough into the greased 9"x 5" loaf pan. Cover and place in a warm draft-free place until it has doubled in size again..
- Position oven racks so that the top rack is in middle position and other rack is just above bottom of oven. On lower rack, place a pie pan at least half-full of water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once oven has reached 350 degrees, place bread dough on rack in middle of oven..
- Bake until golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped at the top center (40-50 minutes)..
- Turn bread out of pan and butter the entire surface. Cover and allow to cool completely before slicing..
It's packed with flavour and has a beautiful spongy texture that makes every mouthful a gasp of pleasure. It can handle sweet and savory fillings with aplomb and somehow, there's something about it that speaks of sandwich elitism. Best sandwich: Grilled Cheese The bread was a favorite of the Man of the House (TMOTH) as it really was great for sandwiches. Later Zo models don't have the sandwich bread setting. However, they do have a "home made" function.