Asian sweet ribs. Lightly season the ribs with the five-spice powder so it forms a light crust. Put the ribs, meat side up, over an area of the grill with indirect. Combine water, preserves, chili sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, onion soup mix, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, and ginger in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
The ribs are so flavorful that they're finger-licking good. I'm excited that the National Pork Board has asked me to share Mama Lin's sweet and sour ribs recipe as part of their Pork as a Passport campaign. Salty but sweet and covered in a delicious sticky sauce – our Sticky Asian Ribs will be your new BBQ staple. You can cook Asian sweet ribs using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian sweet ribs
- Prepare 2 lb of Beef rib meat, prefer no bone.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cooking wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 5 tbsp of water.
We love good BBQ, and these Sticky Asian Ribs are no exception. They're cooked in a sweet rub, then topped with a salty (and every so slightly spicy) sauce that caramelizes when you finish them off under the broiler or grill. Great as an appetizer, party food or part of a Chinese Dinner. Oh my goodness, I really love this recipe!
Asian sweet ribs instructions
- Cut beef rib meat into 1 inch cubes, put into pot..
- Mix all ingredients together and pour on top of the beef..
- Use a spoon to turn the beef in the pot so the meat is coated with the sauce..
- Cook on high until boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium and cook for 40-60 minutes..
- Check the meat at 30 minutes to ensure the sauce didn't dry up. If too dry, add 1-2 more Tbl of water..
The flavours are simply out of this world. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Instructions Fill a large pot halfway full with water.