Popeye’s Biscuits. The Biggest Choice Of Professional Salon Supplies Online. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Cold butter makes biscuits extra puffy and soft, and you won't get that perfect texture with melted butter. Their signature biscuits have very quickly become a favorite and go-to snack. Popeyes have perfected classic biscuits and have mastered the science of balancing both taste and texture. You can have Popeye’s Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Popeye’s Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
These biscuits are flaky, dense, crispy, yet soft and scrumptious at the same time. Today, we have the ultimate Popeye's biscuit recipe for you! To make Popeyes buttermilk biscuits' recipe, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and soda. Now add butter, buttermilk and milk.
Popeye’s Biscuits step by step
- Preheat 400°.
- Mix together 2 cups AP flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice 1/2 cup of cold butter into cubes. Add it to the dry mixture and use a pastry knife or a potato masher to cut the butter in. Do it until no large chunks of butter remain..
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup milk to the mixture. Stir with a spoon until dough forms..
- Roll on floured surface. Roll out ti 1/2” thick..
- Use a 3” biscuit cutter. Arrange on lightly greased parchment paper lined cookie sheet..
- Cook 22 to 24 minutes. Until brown. Brush with butter.
Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain. Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.