Moist Corn Muffins. Put all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, butter and shortening to dry ingredients. For corn muffins to be moist, you must include ingredients that add moisture to the muffin.
Holy mother of moist muffins (that sounds so wrong, lol!), these are P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Just sweet enough (I like sweet corn muffins, not tasteless muffin-shaped hunks of sawdust.) and so moist. I will never try another corn muffin recipe. You can have Moist Corn Muffins using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moist Corn Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of White or Yellow Corn Meal.
- You need 1/2 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (optional).
How To Make Cornbread Muffins Begin by whisking the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the honey and milk and whisk to combine. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. These Sweet Cornbread Muffins are so moist and flavorful!
Moist Corn Muffins step by step
- On a low flame, melt the 6 tbls of butter..
- Preheat the oven to 425°F..
- In a large bowl, Mix all dry ingredients: corn meal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, butter and honey while the butter is warm.
- Pour the milk mixture in with the dry ingredients. Mix well..
- Grease the muffin pan with the melted butter drippings from the pan or corn oil. Place about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into each partition of a muffin pan. Bake in the oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown..
Slather them in butter and they are a great side dish to any meal. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Bakery style, high domed, moist and sweet corn muffins made using the muffin method.