Asian Beef and Noodle Soup. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
In a large saucepan over high heat, bring stock, ginger and garlic to a boil. The slow-cooker soup here takes a cue from all three, combining a rich ginger and soy-spiked broth with chunks of fork-tender beef, a tangle of springy noodles, and—for a fresh, high note to pair with the dark, brooding ones—a pile of fresh bok choy. This is no appetizer soup; this is a full-on meal. You can cook Asian Beef and Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Beef and Noodle Soup
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of beef short ribs.
- It’s 1 of white onion.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 of inches of ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chili paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 7 cup of beef broth, unsalted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of fresh chopped mushrooms.
- It’s 9 oz of udon noodles.
- Prepare 1 head of bok choy.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped cilantro.
Asian-inspired rice noodle soup with beef strips, vegetables, and a fragrant ginger broth is easy to make and can be a good use for leftover steak. Slice the steak as thinly as possible and add the strips to the soup. Allow the meat to cook through, then remove the pot from the heat. Add the scallions, sesame oil, and basil, and salt and pepper as needed.
Asian Beef and Noodle Soup step by step
- Cut short ribs into small cubes. Cut white onion into thin slices. Mince garlic. Thinly slice ginger..
- Add ribs, onion, garlic ginger, vinegar, Hoisin sauce, Chili paste, and 3 tablespoons of soy sauce to slow cooker and mix..
- Add beef broth and put cooker on high 6 hours..
- 15 minutes before end of time, add mushrooms and start water boiling for noodles..
- Boil noodles for 2 minutes, then add bok choy for an additional 2 minutes. Drain..
- Add remaining ingredients and reserved soy sauce to slow cooker. Sour stir. Serve..
The noodles can either be added to the pot, or to soup bowls. Ladle soup into each bowl over or along with the noodles. How to make chinese beef noodle soup Brown the meat, ginger, and green onions. Pour in a splash of cooking sherry. Taiwanese beef noodle soup is much darker and richer than Vietnamese pho, but they eat similarly: Chopsticks in one hand, spoon in the other.