My Cornbread Muffins. In a bowl mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. In another bowl beat the egg with milk and vegetable oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir till smooth.
In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. The key ingredient in Cornbread Muffins is yellow cornmeal. Cornmeal is ground dried corn kernel s – it comes in fine, medium and coarse ground. You can cook My Cornbread Muffins using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Cornbread Muffins
- You need 1 box of jiffy corn muffin mix.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter melted.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
Confusingly, cornmeal is labelled as polenta here in Australia. But actually, polenta is a porridge like Italian side dish (their mashed potato!) that is made from cornmeal. In a large bowl, mix together polenta, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and vegetable oil; beat well.
My Cornbread Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Line a 6-12 cavity muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin papers..
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together..
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin papers filling about ¾ full..
- Bake for 14-16 minutes..
- **NOTE: if you don't have any buttermilk add 2 tsp vinegar to ¾ cup of milk and let stand for 5 minutes before using..
In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin papers filling about ¾ full. Traditionally cornbread muffins are a little sweeter than cornbread. Cornbread muffins are baked in a muffin pan while cornbread is baked in a sheet or a cast-iron skillet. Often cornbread muffins are served for breakfast, but they are also sometimes severed as dessert.