Beef Lasagna. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Assembly of the lasagna: Spread a little of the beef sauce across the bottom of your pan. Cover with a layer of beef sauce and drizzle about half a cup of cheese sauce over this-no need to be too particular.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Make The Meat Sauce: After cooking or soaking the lasagna noodles, make the sauce by adding onions and garlic to a large skillet or pot with olive oil. Add the ground beef and brown, then drain off any excess drippings. You can have Beef Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Lasagna
- It’s Sheets of Lasagna.
- Prepare 300 grams of minced/ground beef.
- You need 250 ml of pasta sauce.
- It’s 300 ml of white bechamel (see my earlier recipe).
- Prepare 300 grams of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 100 grams of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion (diced).
- You need 1 of green pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of herbs of your choice.
Brown the beef: In a sauce pan or skillet, cook the ground meat until no longer pink. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. The BEST Classic Lasagna Ever has layers of sautéed ground beef and Italian sausage that are cooked together, sweet tomato sauce, Italian seasoning all layered with lasagna noodles then covered in ricotta cheese and a parmesan mixture all sprinkled with mozzarella cheese for a mouthwatering baked Italian dinner. Stir together ground beef and pasta sauce.
Beef Lasagna instructions
- In a pan, warm the oil and add the green pepper and onion. Fry until onion is translucent..
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Add the ground/minced beef to the same pan and fry until brown. If it gets too dry, add tablespoons of water at a time until you are satisfied with the meat..
- Add the pasta sauce to the meat and stir. The aim is to get the meaty juice into the sauce for all the great flavour..
- Now it's time to layer. In a large baking tray, start off with a thin layer of the bechamel..
- Then add a layer of pasta sheets.
- Then some of the meat.
- Then a pasta layer.
- Then some bechamel and cheddar cheese.
- Then some pasta.
- Then more meat and some cheddar cheese.
- Another pasta layer.
- Then more of the bechamel.
- Then the rest of the cheddar cheese and the mozzarella cheese.
- Top it off with some herbs and pop it in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it set a little, because if you try and scoop it out straight from the oven it falls apart..
Stir together ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese. Extra-lean ground beef (which sometimes cooks up dry) works well here because it's combined with marinara to keep it moist. The star of this lasagna recipe is the meat sauce. We brown sausage and lean ground beef and stir it into tomato sauce. We love the combination of sausage and beef.