Light Corn Chowder. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Stir the flour into the remaining cup of milk with a wire whisk. EASY AND DELICIOUS CORN AND POTATO CHOWDER In a large pot, add. little bit, add corn and chicken broth. CORN AND SHRIMP CHOWDER In a large pot over. until softened. You can cook Light Corn Chowder using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Light Corn Chowder
- You need 2 slices of bacon, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of small stalks thyme.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of sweet corn.
- You need 1/3 cup of instant potato flakes.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of reduced fat cream cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER Fry bacon until crisp. Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the corn, potatoes, soup, milk, and salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
Light Corn Chowder step by step
- Add diced bacon to cold pot. Set to medium heat and cook until crisp. I leave the cooked bacon in the chowder, but if you prefer, you can remove with slotted spoon to add later..
- Add onion and celery to bacon (or bacon grease)and cook until tender..
- Add garlic clove and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds..
- Add corn, broth and seasonings. Simmer until corn is tender..
- Add potato flakes and simmer until desired consistency..
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Taste and add salt if needed. Serve and enjoy!.
- If you removed bacon, add as garnish.
Instructions Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has. Add the sweet potato, sweetcorn and lentils, then pour over the liquid you cooked the fish in. Great recipe for Light Corn Chowder. It's that time of the year again.