Apple Pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Melt the butter in a saucepan. You can cook Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground Nutmeg.
- Prepare 5 of green Granny Smith applesCall mom thinly sliced and peeled.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large egg white.
- You need of Additional sugar.
Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season.
Apple Pie step by step
- In a small bowl combine the sugars, flour and spices then set aside. In a large bowl toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture, toss to coat.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust, trim even with the edge. Fill with apple mixture, dot with butter. Roll remaining crust to fit top of pie, place overfilling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in crust..
- Beat egg white until foamy, brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil..
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove all foil and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, (Approx Another 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack..
Directions In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening. Melt butter in a large saute pan set over medium-high heat and add apples to the pan. Stir to coat fruit with butter and cook, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, whisk together the spices, salt and. Apple Pie Recipes Nothing compares to the warm, flaky crust and sweet, juicy filling of our favorite comfort food: apple pie.