Leftover Makeovers: Tomato Curry Fried Rice. Leftover Makeovers: Tomato Curry Fried Rice SpottedByD NCR, PH. Do you have left over meat curry? Leftover curry meat, sliced Leftover rice from the fridge Other leftover meat from the fridge (optional) Celery, cilantro or parsley, chopped.
This recipe is also a great way to use up any leftover veggies hanging out in your crisper, and any leftover rice. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, tilting the pan to coat completely. Saute one clove of garlic, one medium onion, squid (cut into rings), green beans, and shimeji mushrooms. You can cook Leftover Makeovers: Tomato Curry Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftover Makeovers: Tomato Curry Fried Rice
- Prepare of Leftover curry meat, sliced.
- You need of Leftover rice from the fridge.
- It’s of Other leftover meat from the fridge (optional).
- You need of Celery, cilantro or parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of large tomatoes, sliced thinly, include juices.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare of few drops Soy sauce seasoning (Knorr or Maggi or Chinese).
- It’s of S&P to taste.
Fried rice is arguably the most popular way to use up leftover rice, and there's a good reason why. Leftover rice is drier and therefore gets crispier than fresh rice. Dress up your leftover rice with some seasoning and use it to stuff bell peppers for a quick and easy dinner. "I created this so it's not too spicy, but is packed with flavor. For variety, add corn or other vegetables or switch to other chopped tomato varieties (chiles, jalapenos, etc.)," says recipe creator donnam.
Leftover Makeovers: Tomato Curry Fried Rice instructions
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add the curry meat. Add a bit of the curry sauce if there are still some. Then add the tomatoes. Let the juices come out..
- Add a couple tablespoons of water to help the tomato cook..
- Add the rice. Mix in well. Turn heat up a bit. Add Knorr seasoning or similar. Season with salt and pepper..
- Keep cooking and mixing until the tomato liquid dries out and the rice grains no longer stick together..
- Turn off heat. Mix in the parsley/celery and serve..
Take the leftover cold rice out of the fridge. Here's how: Put the rice in a covered container such as a casserole dish or lidded glass bowl. Put on oven mitts to remove the dish from the microwave and be careful of the steam when you open the lid. Our egg-fried rice recipe with peas, bacon and mushrooms is a great way to use leftovers. Gail Simmons' Christmas Brisket Fried Rice Gail Simmons' Christmas Brisket Fried Rice.