Blueberry Muffins. Find Scrumptious Muffin Recipes Explore Our Selection of Recipes Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can have Blueberry Muffins using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffins
- It’s of Muffin batter.
- Prepare 1 of streusel topping (recipe follows).
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of fresh, canned (drained), or frozen blueberries.
- It’s 1 of streusel topping.
- You need of streusel topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of firm butter or stick margarine.
- It’s tbsp of shortening.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly add the beaten eggs, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Sift in the flour and baking powder, mix well, then carefully fold in the blueberries. Measure all the ingredients except the blueberries into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. grease bottom only of 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2x 1 1/4 inches, with shortening, or line with paper baking cups..
- Make the streusel topping and set aside. (mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. then cut in butter, using a pastry blender or crisscrossing two knives, until crumbly). set topping aside..
- Beat milk, oil and egg in a large bowl with a fork or wire whisk. stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy)..
- Fold in blueberries..
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon of streusel topping..
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. if baked in greased pan let stand about 5 minutes in pan, then remove pan to wire rack. if baked in paper baking cups, immediately remove from pan to wire rack. serve warm if desired..
- * if using self rising flour, omit baking powder and salt..
Take care not to overwork the mixture. Blueberry muffins (Mary Berry's) These Mary Berry blueberry muffins are one of our favourite bakes. They are easy to make, light and fluffy and with the addition of blueberries, they're not too sweet. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.