Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting. For the frosting mix everything in a mixer bowl until smooth and creamy. Add room temperature butter to a stand mixer and cream the butter until smooth. Place the vanilla extract, milk, and food coloring in the buttercream and mix until smooth.
Spread a small amount of frosting on each cookie and top with sprinkles if desired. They are simple to make and kids love to lick the frosting off the tops. Butter flavoring is in the buttercream for added flavor. You can cook Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting
- You need of Cookie dough.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Shortening.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Softened butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 2 of each eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of frosting.
- It’s 4 cup of SIFTED powdered sugar. Do not skip the sifting as it will result in grainy frosting.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Softened butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Vegetable shortening.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Optional: Gel food coloring and Sprinkles.
You can find it in most supermarkets, in the baking aisle, where there are other flavorings such as vanilla. Cut with cookie cutters and place on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting. To Make Frosting: In large-size bowl combine all ingredients on low with electric mixer.
Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- In a mixer bowl cream together the sour cream, butter and sugar until well blended..
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract, add slowly to mixer bowl beating in after each addition. The rule is if you see the egg in the bowl then you are adding too much at a time..
- Sift together ALL dry ingredients. Add in 2-3 batches to mixer bowl..
- Do not overmix batter as it will yield tough cookies..
- Scoop out dough in walnut sized balls, roll in hands, place on cookie sheet and flatten the top slightly.They should be placed 1" apart..
- Bake for 6-9 minutes depending on oven. These cookies should not become brown or golden. they should remain white. They will look undercooked. They're not. DO NOT overcook. Every minute baking counts for this recipe..
- Remove from oven promptly. To stop them from over baking remove to a cooling rack. Allow to cool before frosting..
- For the frosting mix everything in a mixer bowl until smooth and creamy. Add food coloring if desired.Sometimes frosting requires extra powdered sugat, if youd like a little thicker frosting add 1/2 C more of powdered sugar..
- Once cooled frost your cookies and decorate with sprinkles. Let frosting crust before stacking/storing..
- These taste better when left to sit over night! ENJOY! ^-^.