Simple Sandwich Bread (Vegan). Mix the yeast and sugar with ¼ cup of water and set aside for five minutes until it froths, indicating yeast is active. To the yeast and water mixture, add the remaining cup of water, milk, oil and salt. This Sandwich bread is easy, soft and delicious.
To the yeast and water mixture, add the remaining cup of water, milk, oil and salt. Bake the bread in the middle rack, and have another rack at the bottom with an empty small roasting pan or something similar. When you put your bread into the oven, throw a cup of hot tap water into the pan, closing the oven door quickly after. You can cook Simple Sandwich Bread (Vegan) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sandwich Bread (Vegan)
- It’s 1 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of raw sugar or 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 3 cups of bread flour.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
This will create steam that helps the bread rise and get a crusty edge. A Note about the Dough This Sandwich bread is easy, soft and delicious. It doesn't contain any eggs or milk powder or preservatives or dough conditioners (derived from bird feathers) etc like the usual White Breads found in stores. The almond milk and oil are enough to add the moist softness to the bread.
Simple Sandwich Bread (Vegan) instructions
- In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar and water and let sit for 5 minutes..
- In large bowl add the flour and salt and mix. Add the yeast mixture, almond milk and oil and mix together. Knead for about 8 minutes..
- Grease a large bowl with oil, then form the dough into a ball and place into the bowl and then cover. Let rest for 1.5 hours until it rises to twice its size..
- Punch the dough down and knead for a minute and form into a loaf. Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil and place the dough into pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes..
- Pre-heat oven to 370 degrees. Place pan in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before slicing..
The key to a nicely formed dome and airy crumb is kneading. You can also use the dough to make vegan versions of Chinese BBQ Pork Buns (Char Siu Bao), Pineapple Buns or make Korean Six Sided Cream Cheese Garlic Bread. If you want a soft, squishable sandwich bread that is not so sweet, just reduce the sugar in the recipe. Submit a Recipe Correction The good news is, most bread is vegan. The same goes for most bread recipes.