Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Search For Original shepherds pie recipe. Search For Original shepherds pie recipe With Us. We love this Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie with pre-made biscuits, it's a delicious fast way to get dinner on the table.
With flavors you know and love, it really doesn't get. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk just until dough is moistened, then drop by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. You can cook Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 1 can of 8 biscuits.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small package frozen veggie mix: carrots, peas, corn and green beans.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts cooked and shredded.
- You need 1-2 cups of chicken broth adapt to your preference.
- You need 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup regular size.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Toss in the grated frozen butter. Add cold buttermilk, stir until just combined. The filling is extra decadent because it's made with Cream of Potato Soup, which becomes a rich and creamy sauce as it bakes. Fluffy, golden-brown biscuits on top make this a perfect comfort food dish.
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large sauce pan heat the butter on medium heat. Add the veggie mixture to the pan and saute until the veggies are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Whisk in the chicken broth and the Cream of Chicken soup and cream of celery.Let the sauce simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and add the cooked shredded chicken to the mixture, stirring until the filling is well-combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in extra chicken broth..
- On a parchment lined sheet pan bake the biscuits for half of the time listed on the can for a “pre-bake”. Take them out of the oven. Pour the filling into a buttered 13×9-inch baking dish. Top the filling with the 8 biscuits, serving. Enjoy! Or can make bowls up really no need to put in the baking dish it’s just adds to dirty dishes..
- Notes- start the biscuits the same time you make the filling big time saver, they should be done around the same time. I made everything in the ninja foodie but the biscuits, this can be done in the instant pot..
This chicken pot pie with biscuits is a unique twist on a comfort classic filled with chicken and vegetables and topped with flaky buttermilk biscuits. Chicken pot pie is in the pantheon of comfort food – right up there with lasagna and chili. Stir in flour, bouillon, thyme and pepper until well blended. Making chicken pot pie from scratch takes a lot of time because you have to make the sauce, make the dough, simmer everything and then bake it. This chicken pot pie recipe uses a couple of shortcuts to eliminate all of the tedious steps while producing a delicious dinner option.