Lasagna Neapolitan. Neapolitan lasagna is a delicious baked pasta dish made with a rich rag and fresh mozzarella. It is a lasagna for when your regular lasagna just won't do. Lasagna is the king of pastas.
In a pan, pour a ladle of sauce and arrange a layer of lasagna on top. Add the fried vegetables, pieces of mozzarella, grated cheese, and a ladleful of sauce. Then add a second layer of lasagna, proceeding as before. You can cook Lasagna Neapolitan using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Neapolitan
- It’s 28 oz of spaghetti sauce or 1 recipe of Martha Stewart spaghetti sauce bolognese.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef (If using canned spaghetti sauce).
- You need 12-14 of green or regular lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt n pepper.
Finish with a layer of lasagna drizzled with sauce and covered with cheese. Lasagna Napoletana is La Gran Lasagna di Carnevale Napoletana An appropriately distinguished full name for this feast day dish to enjoy on Sundays and for special celebrations. Essentially, it's party fare to relish at gatherings of family and friends. Once Lasagna Napoletana was associated with Mardi Gras.
Lasagna Neapolitan instructions
- Cook lasagna noodles until al dente about 8 minutes.
- Spread out on oiled cookie sheets (not overlapping) and cover with tea towel to keep them from drying out.
- Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- If using canned spaghetti sauce- cook the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Drain any fat from the ground beef; season with salt and pepper, oregano and garlic powder (or 1tsp Italian seasoning).
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat and set aside.
- To make the white sauce; in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook stirring constantly for one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook gently until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble lasagna spread some meat sauce and white sauce at the bottom of the lasagna pan and cover with a layer of noodles.
- Using a large spoon, put some meat sauce then white sauce over each noodle and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers using all ingredients until all have been used, ending with white sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and dust with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 50 to 60 minutes.
With Martedi Grasso (Fat Tuesday) rolling around, this can mean only one thing in Napoli —Lasagna! Neapolitan Carnevale Lasagna is not your average lasagna. It is a baroque beast that features at least five cuts and kinds of meat. There are also miniature meatballs and a ragù sauce. This lasagna variation originates in Naples and perfectly represents a tendency in southern Italian cuisine toward, well, exaggeration (but in the most delicious way possible).