Biscuits and gravy. Get Food and Accessories for Your Dog. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South. The dish consists of soft dough biscuits covered in either sawmill or meat gravy, made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat. The gravy is often flavored with black pepper Warm biscuits; Serve this rich and creamy gravy over warm fluffy biscuits. You can have Biscuits and gravy using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Biscuits and gravy
- It’s 5 cups of milk.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of sausage.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 can of biscuits.
You can make homemade biscuits or serve store-bought, we'll never tell! Using a small skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no long pink; drain. Add butter to skillet and heat until it is melted. Some foods were just meant to be together: Peas and carrots.
Biscuits and gravy instructions
- Cook sausage in skillet and crumble. Do not drain grease..
- Cook biscuits as directed on package.
- Stir in evaporated milk to sausage. Add in spices..
- Whisk flour in the 5 cups of cold milk and add to sausage mixture. Cook on low stirring constantly until thick. Pour over biscuits..
Biscuits and, oh you know it, gravy. When it comes to breakfast biscuits, chef and foodie Stephanie Rapone of Pantry to Plate says you can go with store-bought or homemade for this delectable dish. When it comes to the gravy, however, you're going to want to go with her recipe. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the cream and mix until just combined.