Cornbread (Muffins or Bread). Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! In a large bowl, mix together polenta, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar.
In a medium bowl, break up the eggs with a whisk. Whisk in the honey, and then the milk. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar,. You can have Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornbread (Muffins or Bread)
- It’s 1 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk, room temperature.
- You need of For Muffin Variation Add:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Optional Add In's…Add up to 1 cup (total) of the following :.
- You need of ·Corn Kernels.
- It’s of ·Diced Jalapenos.
- Prepare of ·Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of ·Blueberries.
- Prepare of ·Dried Cranberries and Walnuts.
These Cornbread Muffins are made with creamed corn so they truly taste of corn and are more moist than traditional Southern cornbread. A terrific side and great for snacking, these corn muffins keep for days. THESE are the muffins I make over and over and over again! Recipe slightly improved, rewrote post, new photos, recipe video added – it's a total refresh!
Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) instructions
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar and honey until all combined and no lumps of sugar remains. Then whisk in the egg until just combined. Then whisk in the buttermilk..
- If making muffins rather than the bread, whisk in the vegetable oil to the wet mix along with the honey and sugar***.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. Careful not to overmix. In using an add-in ingredient, fold them in now..
- For Muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin tins (either normal sized or mini), filling all the way to the top. Cooking times and temperatures for muffins listed in Step 6 and Step 7. For bread, skip to Step 8..
- For Normal Sized Muffins: Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then while keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for another 15-17 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if centers are cooked through..
- For Mini Muffins: Bake for 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (mini muffins pictured)..
- For Bread: Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch square baking pan. Pour batter in and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing..
- Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week..
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together except for the sweetcorn kernels. This recipe yields a light and fluffy gluten free, dairy free cornbread. Cornbread is light and fluffy, but somewhat crumbly. Recipe by: Jenny Wells Make your own spring cornbread using polenta or cornmeal. This dense American-style bread makes a delicious side with soups and stews or can be used for stuffing.