My Mother’s Favorite Breakfast: Cháo Sườn(Pork Rib Porridge). Great recipe for My Mother's Favorite Breakfast: Cháo Sườn(Pork Rib Porridge). Memories come back to you in a most sudden and strange ways. A smell, a sound, a sight, a touch, a taste.
A cool trick for these "Asian pork chops" is to snip the pork chops around the edges like these. It looks kinda cool once you grill them up, but the important thing is that the pork chops will stay flat. Pork rib porridge (Cháo sườn) Pork rib porridge is one of the most beautiful childhood memories of many Hanoian. You can have My Mother’s Favorite Breakfast: Cháo Sườn(Pork Rib Porridge) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Mother’s Favorite Breakfast: Cháo Sườn(Pork Rib Porridge)
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of pork short ribs.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of salt.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet onion.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 TBSP of salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
It has been the most favorite breakfast thanks to being healthy, comfort, great taste, and cheap. One of favorite Vietnamese Food Recipes in my family food list is Pork Blood Porridge (Cháo Huyết). Here is also the popular dish of Saigonese. If you do not have a chance to visit Vietnam right now, you also can make it at home by following my recipe.
My Mother’s Favorite Breakfast: Cháo Sườn(Pork Rib Porridge) step by step
- Wash the rice and drain well..
- Put ribs in pot. Cover the ribs with water. Add pinch of salt. Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain ribs. Discard liquid. Wash pot well. Wash the ribs. Put back into pot. Put water about 1 inch over ribs. Put 1/2 TBSP of salt. Bring to boil. Turn down heat to medium low. Cook for 1 1/2 hour..
- While ribs are cooking. Chop onion. In a frying pan, put some oil. Cook onion with a pinch of salt until soft and brown..
- Add onions to ribs..
- Roast the rice on a frying pan. No oil. Stir constantly until half of rice is brown. Set aside..
- After ribs are soft, add rice. Add fish sauce and black pepper. Cook for 30 minutes. Stir from time to time. After porridge is boiled, turn off heat. Let rest for another 30 minutes..
- Reheat before eating. Pour into bowl. Add some chopped green onion and black pepper..
- My mother..
One hot bowl of this porridge in cold days can help you feel warmer from outside to inside. In my family, this comfort food dish is known as Sườn Ram Mặn. The ribs are sticky and fall off the bone tender and packed with copious amounts of savory goodness. This dish is a perfect family-style meal and pairs perfectly with Vietnamese style vegetable soup and a steaming hot bowl of white rice. Adding toppings is a great way to add textures and flavors to your rice porridge.